New engineering challenges every week

Use your skills and earn money with your work

'Get Radical' Razor PowerWing Scooter Design Challenge

Medium

Create a new scooter design for Razor USA.

Solid Edge by Siemens PLM Software is sponsoring the first-ever PowerWing Scooter Design Challenge with Luxion, makers of KeyShot, and popular scooter maker, Razor USA. They want you to Think Radical - use your knowledge, skill and creativity to create the coolest and most awesome three-wheel, side-to-side, body-powered scooter ever.

Design for efficient production and low cost

Primary structural material is low carbon steel tubing (round, rectangular or any easily reformed shape). Injection molded parts can be used for the wings, covers, etc. Best reference is the existing product, which can be seen on the Razor website: Razor PowerWing.

• The front wheel size could be anything from a BMX wheel (20-inch pneumatic) to a scooter wheel (125mm PU with nylon core).
• The angle and size of the rear casters need to be more or less the same as the existing product 67mm wheel (PU w/nylon core) and 18 degree caster incline angle (from vertical).
• The width of the rear casters should be at least 55 cm
• The handlebar and grips are standard bicycle diameter (22.2mm). The current design is a T style, but a Y style or
other design could be considered.
• The brake is a patented cable-actuated friction brake built into the front fork.
• The steering must incorporate a free-rotating bicycle-type headset (cup and cone) bearing. Bushings for steering are not acceptable for this class product.
• Folding is a plus, but not a requirement.

Note: Structurally, scooters are static load tested to the recommended weight limit x 3 (5 min no deformation) and impact tested the max load rating, centered on the “deck” (3 drops on each wheel no deformation). Ref ASTM 2264-09

Resources for you during the Challenge

You can download caster assembly files under the Download specification button below.

For a fully-loaded downloadable 45 day free trial version of Solid Edge go to HERE. The trial includes access to interactive tutorials, video tips and a user forum to help you harness the power of Solid Edge.

For a KeyShot trial without watermarked renderings, email license@luxion.com with "Razor Scooter Challenge" in the subject line. You will receive a 30 day license for use in the contest. For KeyShot tips and tutorials, visit
keyshot.com/learning.

Think Radical and start designing

Describe the research, inspiration and work that went into your design in the project description! Feel free to show some process or before and after shots. It's always interesting to see. Below are some existing redesign and prototype ideas to inspire the entrants!

Requirements

• You must include:
    - STEP or IGES version
    - Rendering in Keyshot
    - CAD file in Solid Edge

• You are encouraged to include:
    - Explanation of your design and how it fits the brand
    - Screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotVR's

• Other guidelines:
    - Modeling must be done in Solid Edge.
    - Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot. Post edits are acceptable.

Download specification

Rules

• The competition is open to everyone. Multiple entries are acceptable. Team entries are welcome - prize will be transferred to team leader. Participants may only win one prize per Challenge.

• Tag your entry with “RAZORSCOOTER” when uploading to GrabCAD. If you submit through the "Submit entry" button, this should be added automatically. Only entries with valid tag will participate. Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Private entries are not eligible.

• By entering this competition, you 1. Warrant that the work is your original work. 2. To the best of your knowledge, it is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited. 3. Neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trade mark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
    ______________________
    If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email challenges@grabcad.com.

• Applicants are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs. The applicant’s participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.

• The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature.

• Only public entries will be considered. Any private submissions will be made public at the Challenge deadline.

• The sponsors retain the right to promote and publicize entrants and their design work.

• Winning designs will be chosen based on the rules and requirements. This Challenge ends on February 7, 2014 (11:59pm UTC). Winners will be announced by March 7, 2014.

• Void where prohibited.

Prizes

Prizes for TOP 10 places.

1st Place

12 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($4,200) + $500 cash + Razor PowerWing scooter + KeyShot Pro+Animation ($2,495). Additional $500 cash prize bonus if any original part of the design is incorporated by Razor USA in their new PowerWing.

2nd Place

6 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($2,100) + Razor PowerWing scooter + KeyShot Pro ($1,995)

3rd Place

3 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($1,050) + Razor PowerWing scooter + KeyShot ($995)

4th Place

1 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($350) + Solid Edge Messenger bag + KeyShot t-shirt

5th - 10th Place

Solid Edge messenger bag + KeyShot t-shirt

About the jury?

The jury is comprised of experts from Razor USA, Siemens, Luxion and GrabCAD.

About Razor, Siemens and Keyshot

The Razor USA brand embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. It defies boundaries and sometimes even gravity. The company was founded in 2000 with the introduction of its now legendary kick scooter, which quickly became an essential ride for anyone on the go. Today, Razor products are available worldwide, with a full range of wheeled goods to inspire and excite riders everywhere. Cool products and great value have distinguished Razor as a trusted global brand and industry leader.

Based in California, USA, the company sponsors Team Razor, a group of pro scooter athletes. Razor has helped usher in the action sport of freestyle scooter riding, which has evolved from local skate parks to global competitions and tours.

Siemens PLM Software , a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.

Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot is the first realtime ray tracing application that uses a physically correct render engine based on scientific research in the areas of scientifically accurate material representation and global illumination. Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data. Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Chrysler, Fossil, Microsoft, Tesla, Procter & Gamble, IDEO and SMART Design. For more information visit keyshot.com and KeyShot profile on GrabCAD.

99 comments

• Pratik

Pratik 3 months ago

Great challenge!!
    One question: Is it mandatory to use solid edge software
    for the scooter design?

Pratik has uploaded 20 CAD models & has left 20 comments.
  • BuseHase

BuseHase 3 months ago

The first point of the "Other guidelines": "- Modeling must be done in Solid Edge.v"

BuseHase has uploaded 19 CAD models & has left 107 comments.
  • seghier khaled

seghier khaled 3 months ago

i already sent request for trial version since year and again since days but they never reply and don't give me link to download trial version

seghier khaled has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 89 comments.
  • Mark Burhop

Mark Burhop 3 months ago

Hi Pratik. Part of goal for the sponsors is to get more people exposed to Solid Edge and Keyshot. Also, the Razor is designed in Solid Edge. Both of these tools are pretty easy to use so you shouldn't have too much trouble ramping up.

So you know, I'm not involved in this contest but I do work for Siemens PLM. GrabCAD has some Solid Edge Tutorials here that might help if you decide to do the contest:

Mark Burhop has uploaded 8 CAD models & has left 44 comments.
  • Mark Burhop

Mark Burhop 3 months ago

Hi Seghier, sorry about your problem. I did some checking and because CAD software is highly technical, there are a number of export requirements placed on us that vary according to the country. You seem to be caught up in this and we are looking to see what we can do. I would have thought you would have gotten an email saying there was a problem so I will check on that too.

Mark Burhop has uploaded 8 CAD models & has left 44 comments.
  • ZC Design

ZC Design 3 months ago

You would get a lot more quality submissions if you allowed the models to be made in any CAD package. I don't know how many users are willing to learn a new CAD program for a contest.

ZC Design has uploaded 27 CAD models & has left 70 comments.
  • seghier khaled

seghier khaled 3 months ago

thank you Mark ; i never receive email

seghier khaled has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 89 comments.
  • Ármin Fendrik

Ármin Fendrik 3 months ago

I always wanted to try Solid Edge, but never had the chance. So now, I'm in :D

Ármin Fendrik has uploaded 40 CAD models & has left 194 comments.
  • Mark Burhop

Mark Burhop 3 months ago

Armin, great! I guess I was too fast with the response then :-) Deleting it.

Mark Burhop has uploaded 8 CAD models & has left 44 comments.
  • seghier khaled

seghier khaled 3 months ago

when i get email !

seghier khaled has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 89 comments.
  • JP Johnston

JP Johnston 3 months ago

@Pratik: I think you will find that SolidEdge is very easy to use. I use SolidWorks most of the time. But, I do enjoy SolidEdge too...

JP Johnston has uploaded 273 CAD models & has left 324 comments.
  • Victor Bonavarte 6779

Victor Bonavarte 6779 3 months ago

I downloaded but for the 32bit ..? and I put on a 64bit system, at the time of the download there is no description for the system option 32/64bit ..

Victor Bonavarte 6779 has uploaded 182 CAD models & has left 9595 comments.
  • Doug Davey

Doug Davey 3 months ago

I would love to be part of this project ... but I have to say. ..... Having a program for only 45 days is never enough to do good design and engineering work. I have been working on SolidWorks and Inventor for years and still do not know them completely. I know that getting the basics is no real problem but getting to design a great project like this will need more than just the basics. Also I believe the engineers on GrabCad have day jobs so it becomes even harder to have to learn a new program. I am not in any way saying that one program is better than the other but if you are working on one, it is then the one that is best for you at that time. So ... it would seem to me that this is not a challenge for the best design but a promotion of software.

Doug Davey has uploaded 41 CAD models & has left 389 comments.
  • Ármin Fendrik

Ármin Fendrik 3 months ago

Victor, you will receive an email, containing download link for 64 bit (or at least for me it contained).

Ármin Fendrik has uploaded 40 CAD models & has left 194 comments.
  • Kae Woei Lim

Kae Woei Lim 3 months ago

wow keyshot is incredible and so easy to use!
    really want to try and win a license now.

Kae Woei Lim has uploaded 6 CAD models & has left 16 comments.
  • Victor Bonavarte 6779

Victor Bonavarte 6779 3 months ago

Armin @ you can send to me the link .. ? , because in my opinion , the download process is too long ... while the clock is ticking ...

Victor Bonavarte 6779 has uploaded 182 CAD models & has left 9595 comments.
  • Ármin Fendrik

Ármin Fendrik 3 months ago

They are personalised links, as I can tell. I'd wait for someone to confirm that my links would work for you.

Ármin Fendrik has uploaded 40 CAD models & has left 194 comments.
  • KeyShot

KeyShot 3 months ago

One important thing to know is that there is very strong integration between Solid Edge and KeyShot. You can download the plugin and read more about it here: http://keyshot.com/solid-edge

With the LiveLinking you can continue the design in Solid Edge and send changes to KeyShot without affecting the work you've already done, saving you a lot of time in that regard.v

KeyShot has uploaded 14 CAD models & has left 92 comments.

Jonathan 3 months ago

maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I can't find the renderer in SE? I'm using the 45 day trial? does it come with it? ERA environment?

• jake white

jake white 3 months ago

Johnathan it on the ribbon under tools, only in assembly

jake white has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 1 comments.

Jake, thanks.

• Konrad Jakubiak

Konrad Jakubiak 3 months ago

great challenge, fun software, I'm in
    But how this damn thing is riding anyway?:) These back wheels are loose, right?
    I must go to some sport store and try this.

Konrad Jakubiak has uploaded 21 CAD models & has left 83 comments.
  • Mark Burhop

Mark Burhop 3 months ago

All, I just got this from one of my Solid Edge brethren. Looks like we are doing a webinar. If you don't mind giving out your deets, it should help if you are new to Solid Edge :

We’re you interested in competing for all the great prizes in the “Get Radical” Razor PowerWing Design Challenge but hesitant to try because you’ve never designed in Solid Edge? Well, fret no more. It’s easy as 1-2-3.

Join us for a free 30-minute webinar that will get you designing your radical Razor Scooter in minutes, and discover how solid edge provides the speed and simplicity of direct modeling with the flexibility and control of parametric design- all in one easy to use package.

Think Radical. Win Prizes. Have Fun. Design Better.
    To register : https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/579417686

Mark Burhop has uploaded 8 CAD models & has left 44 comments.
  • Ravichandra Jp

Ravichandra Jp 3 months ago

To what age group of users is the powerwing scooter mostly designed for?

Ravichandra Jp has uploaded 65 CAD models & has left 100 comments.
  • seghier khaled

seghier khaled 3 months ago

is Subscription of Solid Edge Premium mean using the software for limited time ?

seghier khaled has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 89 comments.
  • Bryan BORREL

Bryan BORREL 3 months ago

keyshot is a really great soft but I couldn't say the thing for solidedge, too bad that we can't work on an other software....anyway let's try like this

Bryan BORREL has uploaded 0 CAD models & has left 1 comments.
  • KeyShot

KeyShot 3 months ago

Ravichandra Jp While I've seen adults use the razor scooters as well, I would say these are aimed at the younger group. The product say ages 5+

KeyShot has uploaded 14 CAD models & has left 92 comments.
  • KeyShot

KeyShot 3 months ago

and for those interested in shot composition and creating quality product shots, we've got some great webinars here: http://keyshot.com/learning/webinars/

KeyShot has uploaded 14 CAD models & has left 92 comments.

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

I am not sure with who am I speaking with here but I need provided parts in some of solid edge versions that are not ST5 or ST6, I am using ST4 and I can t uninstall it now to install version for 45 days. or simple, give me any 3D geometry that I can open in Solid Edge and use it. ;)

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

does someone is going to give me STEP-IGES or what??????????!!!!!!
    while I was following 500 group challange 5G was always there to help, comment, advice and more than that and he was got a lot more job, you should be shamed!

• Ravichandra Jp

Ravichandra Jp 3 months ago

@Sara, I use Academically licensed version of solid edge. It warns me "Files saved in an academically licensed version of Solid Edge cannot be opened in a commercially licensed version". Does it affect on my participation in this competition?

Ravichandra Jp has uploaded 65 CAD models & has left 100 comments.
  • Lauri Poldre

Lauri Poldre 3 months ago

Here is the webinar "Getting Started with Solid Edge" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Xvc3152vQ

Lauri Poldre has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 112 comments.

Jonathan 3 months ago

that's a great video! Thank you.

• Konrad Jakubiak

Konrad Jakubiak 3 months ago

Konrad Jakubiak has uploaded 21 CAD models & has left 83 comments.

Jonathan 3 months ago

ouch, 17 days left and only 4 entries.....If I may... I can't speak for everyone, but I think my sentiments might be echoed by others. The problem for me with this comp is that I really want to learn the software, but learning a new software is sort of a big deal, even if you've used other CAD software, I consider myself intermediate advanced with SW and It's like hitting a wall using solid edge, NOT because it's not a good software, just because the small nuances like, interface, processes etc. etc are different enough to throw me off. You'd probably have to run this challenge for a few months to get some substantial results. Just my thoughts....what does everyone think?

• Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel 3 months ago

It'd be great to see SolidEdge users offer their help to newbies and possibly put team entries together. @Jonathan I bet if you got a concept up you'd find someone to volunteer to coach you through designing it in this software - and you'd learn a few things on the way :) I'll check in with the jury on a possible extension.

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel 3 months ago

Also be sure to watch the Getting Started video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Xvc3152vQ

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

I hope this video could help you people, also there are few more tutorials on my channel, main stuffs you can learn is how to use sketching radicaly fast and make models with as less features possible:

If you need any help with soild edge just ask! :)

Jonathan 3 months ago

@Sara....ofcourse, that's a great idea, I should be ok, I usually just self teach from the internet but It's just that I know how tedious software can be, like pull your hair out kind thing, so I think that's just scaring me off. I need to fire up the software, sit down and commit to it......harder said than done. Again, SE seems pretty cool from playing around with it for 5 mins but it's just those first few days before things start to click that are the hardest. But for sure, worst case I'll post up a sketch and yell HELP!!!!!!! ).

• Lalit

Lalit 3 months ago

What should be the angle of the front wheel?

Lalit has uploaded 19 CAD models & has left 17 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel 3 months ago

+1 @Petar and @Jonathan!

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.

@ Sara Sigel can I get GC t-shirt PLSSS?? :D

Jonathan 3 months ago

is there a "convert to entities" option in SE or something similar that will allow sketch lines to be created from 3D geometry edges.. ??

Jonathan 3 months ago

Project to sketch???....seems like it.

Jonathan 3 months ago

Also, so I'm assuming we can't add color to the model until it's brought into assembly mode...??

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

hey Jonathan, I am not sure for project to sketch, but you can copy any sketch you want with +c and then paste. for converting 3d geometry I am not sure.
    yes you can add color to model no matter is it part or assem, I think it is always in VIEW toolbar, in part it is part painter and in assem is format faces.
    I cant check none of this cause I was got system crash and now I am without SE software, so I am not sure is it ass I said. I hope I helped you. :)

with ctrl+c*

Jonathan 3 months ago

ok, spasibo. for the "convert entities" equivalent from SW, it's "Project to sketch". I'll try out the color painter.

Jonathan 3 months ago

Now another question, how do I make a plane 2, perpendicular to another plane (plane 1) using a line drawn on plane 1.

ohh man, as I said I am now without SE
    as I remember, somewhere in main toolbar HOME very close to SKETCH (on left from sketch) should be new PLANE option
    so in it you got 5-10 options, there you can rotate plane, make plane normal to line etc.
    you will definetly find what you looking for :)

Jonathan 3 months ago

ya, it's weird, the drop down only has 3 options...."normal", "3 Point" and "tangent"....not what I need. From researching online, it should have more, like you explained....

spasibo.

man just tell me you are using 45 days of free use? :D
    do you understund? :D

da, about to give up :P

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

no man, just change the aproach and do what i told you in message. :)
    when man start something he must finish it, GIVE UP?

Jonathan 3 months ago

Alright, a shout to anyone who wants to team up and do this challenge. My proposal is that I design the scooter in SW and another person coverts it into SE. I can't understand this software interface, makes no sense to me. Let me know ASAP.

ok, I am your man Jonathan :D

Jonathan 3 months ago

ok, 11 days left, give me a few days and I'll do the design in SolidsWorks and send you the files!! Let's win this one!

God has made earth in 6 days, in 11 days we can make 12 scooters! :D

• Konrad Jakubiak

Konrad Jakubiak 3 months ago

so what you guys say, is that this trial version doesn't have same basic functions?

Konrad Jakubiak has uploaded 21 CAD models & has left 83 comments.

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

man I personaly dont know, I realy think that it should have all options but never used trials, you know me :D

• Mark Burhop

Mark Burhop 3 months ago

No, it is the fully loaded version. You can even do FEA if you are really feeling brave :-)

Mark Burhop has uploaded 8 CAD models & has left 44 comments.

hahaha. Love Tiesto.

• Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel 3 months ago

@Ruan The idea is to try something new. I love the idea of sharing with friends and team up with someone who knows Solid Edge for a faster process.

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.

Петар Трлајић 3 months ago

@ Ruan Pretorius dude the sponsor is SE, not a SW....

Jonathan 3 months ago

stay tuned, Petar and I are going to blow the lid off this one!

• Nick Blockley

Nick Blockley 2 months ago

Great competition, really like keyshot, just a shame about Solidedge. I've used solidworks for many years and the transition is near enough impossible. In my humble opinon Solidedge could benefit a lot from the workflow of Solidworks particularly with respect to dimensioning, re-editing sketches, mates in assemblies and the basic intuitive function of the left mouse click. I'm still trying but I will have less hair afterwards...Good luck everyone!

Nick Blockley has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel 2 months ago

No worries, @Nick we can always design a great hat for you :D Thanks for the extra effort!

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.
  • Martin Spencer-Ford

Martin Spencer-Ford 2 months ago

Anybody wanting a render artist to handle their design with this project give me a message. If we win, then KS licence is all I want. Keyshot is very fast and gives excellent results, but you will need more than 4 days to get the best from it !

Martin Spencer-Ford has uploaded 90 CAD models & has left 3847 comments.

Петар Трлајић 2 months ago

ok people it is all over, as my budy Jonathan says ,,we blowed lid out off this one,,! :D

good luck everyone! :)

Петар Трлајић 2 months ago

,,we blowed lid off this one,, *

Jonathan 2 months ago

• Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel about 1 month ago

Finalists are announced! Thanks to everyone who participated. Which one is your favorite? Did we leave anything amazing off the list? Let us know in the comments.

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.

Jonathan about 1 month ago

thanks Sara,

I'm in line with the picks. My only small caveat is that sami.kallamaki-1 has two entries in the final, more power to him but I just think that the two designs are so closely related that perhaps one should be chosen of the two, which would give a chance for someone else to make it in. I would keep "razor electric" by Sami and in place of the razor Hex I would vote for the following in order of preference:

Taros:
    New Power Wing Scooter

Lazlos:
    RAZOR R&L

Garids:
    Razor Scooter- Blade

what does everyone think?

• Tommy Mueller

Tommy Mueller about 1 month ago

I really like:

Razor Super Wing L

and

Razor PowerWing

both match as a tie for my number one design choices

...

I'm looking past the names, and focusing on first impressions & presentation, design, & description. They're really all pretty darn cool designs (everyone's!!), and its always difficult to pick the few..

Best of luck to all the finalist entries ;)

Tommy Mueller has uploaded 128 CAD models & has left 1764 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel about 1 month ago

@Jonathan Thanks for pointing out that oversight on our part. I've updated with a new finalist, congrats to them!

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.

Jonathan about 1 month ago

LOL, no sweat!

• Kristo Klementi

Kristo Klementi about 1 month ago

I am very happy to see the finalists, but i have one concern.

My design:
    Razor PowerWing

For some reason it is described as having a PLYWOOD board ?
    This is not right, please have another look at my entry. I have clearly stated that the board is injection moulded.

Overall i like the finalists and i think we have some very good designs here.

Kristo Klementi has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 9 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel about 1 month ago

Noted Kristo, thanks :)

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.
  • Aleksandar Tomic

Aleksandar Tomic about 1 month ago

WOW this model is really nice, Jonathan and Peter are done a great job here, i am really impressed.
    Great job guys!!!

Aleksandar Tomic has uploaded 113 CAD models & has left 220 comments.

Петар Трлајић about 1 month ago

sooo happy to see Jonathan and me in finall!!! :D

now 3 best in my opinion are:

1 Razor-Ivo-V3
    2 Razor Electric
    3 Razor Super Wing L

Jonathan about 1 month ago

for sure bro, we worked hard on this one. Couldn't have done it without you. I like Razor electric too, and Kristo's! The more I look at our model, the more I want to ride it! I think it would be sick setup if we could keep the weight down. Also, the next logical step is a small electric motor on the front wheel, the battery pack could go just under downtube, not so much for a trick scooter but more for transportation, have a few different variations ). Hopefully Razor's listening to this. HAHAHA.

Петар Трлајић about 1 month ago

yeah good idea, and we could add KERS from F1 to give more power to electro motor! :D

• Adithyan Gowtham

Adithyan Gowtham about 1 month ago

I am really happy to see my Design in the finalist list, guess my hardwork payed off

Adithyan Gowtham has uploaded 6 CAD models & has left 12 comments.
  • Adithyan Gowtham

Adithyan Gowtham about 1 month ago

i really liked RAZORSCOOTER: GLIDE MASTER and expected for it in the finals, congrats to all

Adithyan Gowtham has uploaded 6 CAD models & has left 12 comments.
  • Vasiliu Doru

Vasiliu Doru about 1 month ago

Great challange, amazing work. Congratulations to the winners.
    Great work and realistic - Razor-Ivo-V3.
    Great idea - Razor Electric.
    Great design, original idea - SG RAZOR Chiaunel.
    Classic design - New Power Wing Scooter.
    All the best all.

Vasiliu Doru has uploaded 48 CAD models & has left 1599 comments.
  • Kiwano

Kiwano about 1 month ago

Congrats to all finalist!
    Thank you for involving me to the list, I'm glad that you enjoy my a little bit freaky idea :)
    It will be grate to have Razor Electric by Sami Kallamäki Razor Electric! I think that led lighting could give a lot of fun. Cool idea for parents, who wants to find their kid playing in the evening by just taking a look at the yard.

Kiwano has uploaded 15 CAD models & has left 27 comments.
  • Sami Kallamäki

Sami Kallamäki about 1 month ago

This was my first Grabcad competition and I'am really happy to see my design
    in final, even my other version was kicked out, but no hard feelings.
    It's fair game to have one model/person in final.

These three are my favourites:

Razor PowerWing
    Razor-Ivo-V3
    RAZORSCOOTER: GLIDE MASTER

Good luck to everyonv

Sami Kallamäki has uploaded 11 CAD models & has left 22 comments.

Петар Трлајић about 1 month ago

what s happening with results of this challlange? :(

• Adithyan Gowtham

Adithyan Gowtham about 1 month ago

yeah am also eagerly waiting, it was supposed to be published on 7th!!

Adithyan Gowtham has uploaded 6 CAD models & has left 12 comments.
  • Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel about 1 month ago

I apologize for the delay - winners are now announced! Well done everyone. It was impressive to see most of you trying new tools and working together on these fun designs. See how they stacked up to one another here: http://grabcad.com/challenges/get-radical-razor-powerwing-scooter-design-challenge/results

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.
  • Vasiliu Doru

Vasiliu Doru about 1 month ago

Congratulations to the winners. Felicitari Stefan.

Vasiliu Doru has uploaded 48 CAD models & has left 1599 comments.
  • Kristo Klementi

Kristo Klementi about 1 month ago

I agree with IVO 100% - they jury has not done a good job.
    I like the winning design, but im sorry to say, that it is not (by far) the most simple to manufacture. I belive we need some explanations straight from they jury.
    I do not want to be bitter about the results, but we need to look at the big picture here.
    Grabcad will not grow in popularity if good designers work is overlooked and the results are "questionable" to say the least.

Kristo Klementi has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 9 comments.

Петар Трлајић about 1 month ago

Congratulations everyone, I can only say I excpected to see Ivo Alberti righte behind Jake Shannon but I am winner with Jonathan so I am to happy to think about anything else! :D wooohooooo

Петар Трлајић about 1 month ago

Ivo as you are true engineer as we all know you are, you are not gonna let few judges to turn you off your way. Proove them in time coming they were wrong, and you dont need to proove anything as you are great man, you know what you are! :)

Jonathan about 1 month ago

Thanks again to GrabCad, the sponsors and the community for providing these opportunities and for all the support ))). I have to admit, I'm suprised, but glad we came out on top, our design was a little on the higher end of the budget so I wasn't quite sure if it would be a little too much for what was asked for. Again, wouldn't have been possible without my team mate Petar Trlajic so a big shout out to him also.

@Razor, I really think this would be a hot product for the more extreme croud out there, the small razor scooters have become a huge trend now in the skate parks etc. I think with some simplifications to bring the weight down, our design could be the next cool thing out there. Petar and I are here if ever you plan to pursue aspects of our design, we'd love to be involved in anyway.

thanks again everyone!

Congrats to all participants and finalists!

• Sara Sigel

Sara Sigel about 1 month ago

This is not the proper forum for personal exchanges so I've removed any of those comments. Congratulations again to the winners and thank you for the feedback - we will keep working to make Challenges better.

Sara Sigel has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 1622 comments.
  • IVO ALBERTI

IVO ALBERTI about 1 month ago

Dearest Sarah, not obscuring the thought of anyone, you know that GC can grow
    it's just that if you decide the rules should be respected, I have no personal thoughts with anyone, I can only be estimated or not colleagues ...

IVO ALBERTI has uploaded 216 CAD models & has left 3420 comments.

Jonathan about 1 month ago

IVO,

Although I never really condon deleting comments, a few of your comments were a little uncalled for, not all, just a few. Take some time to reflect and let a cooler head prevail. Don't give up, don't quit, and above all, remember to have fun with it, we all want to see your designs and for you to be apart of this experience.

If it were up to me, Kristo would have placed higher on the list, he had a strong design that met the criteria and good presentation also. But hey, c'est la vie.

Remember, sometimes the rules are meant to be broken.....:P
    Caio Bella!

• Lauri Poldre

Lauri Poldre 4 days ago

Lauri Poldre has uploaded 1 CAD models & has left 112 comments.
  • Please log in to add comments.

Save Cancel