I'm Daniel; I have over 5 year experience in working on construction sites and that experience allowed me to come up with this concept for the Krimelte sealant applicator.
The concept is an eccentric volumetric pump driven by one wheel directly connected to the eccentric drive shaft of the rotor. The wheel has a circumference of 333 mm, the pump has a displacement of 5 ml and the nozzle has 2.18 mm diameter. For every 3 revolutions of the drive wheel the pump will displace exactly 15 ml over one meter length.
With respect to all the criteria in the requirements this design also features:
- Quick load/unload concept (the black pushrod is fully retracted so bottle can be loaded by side and when released, the large short spring pushes the circular red part that will hold the bottle in place and no need for gl 15 thread).
- One hand only operation (the smaller longer spring pushes the rod determining the sealant to flow in to the pump, and the wheel drives the pump).
- It can easily be dismantled for cleaning and flow sections are 10 mm in diameter to provide easy unclogging.
- The pump housing is thicker to allow the variation of pump displacement (rotor height and housing displacement) between 5 – 13 ml) so a full range of applicators with different flow rates can easily be developed.
- It can all be made out of ABS plastic (except springs), therefore it is affordable; make it out of aluminum and it becomes a professional tool to use in the harsh environment on today’s construction sites.
Note: In the Inventor project you can animate the pump by driving under Eccentric shaft the Drive pump constraint.