Well, I guess if your track side removing tyres theres going to be mud from time to time! So I christened the design "mud monkey wrench" :-)
- Accomodates change in wheel size, both diameter and width, tried to show this in section view, i.e., snap spring for telescopic tube.
- Uses standard seamless tube for load bearing members, light but stiff.
- By incorporating a nylon base, whell sprocket and brake disc are protected from damage and free from the floor.
- Nylon drive piece protects rim and inner tube from damage
- Easy to assemble / Disassemble.
- Drive piece is reversible, rotate arm through 180° to assemble tyre.
- I have assumed an approximate torque of 40Nm for use, this equates to 133N effort at the handle, not sure what actual torque would be? This is Just over effort for tightening of wheel nut for automotive standard of 125N.
- Using steel tubes total mass ~ 1,25Kg
- Using Aluminium tubes total mass ~ 0,702Kg
Another split pin may be required through central vertical tube to secure horizontal member from twisting during use, however, this may be an advantage without locking it out, easy to evaluate at prototype stage.
All in all it's been fun, hope you like the models and renders....