I need basic hints & tips to creat Sprial bevel gear models.
Could any one help on this?
believe i've done something similar before...
1. Create tooth profile in sketch.
2. Exit sketch and draw curved line between 3 or so points at which you need to intersect.
3. Swept body of the first sketch along the geometry you have just created.
4. Subtract the swept body from the gear surface, leaving a tooth profile cut-out the correct shape over the gear ring.
5. you should now have a basic feature body which you can associative copy around a full 360degrees using the specific tool.
This should do it, it may not be technically the perfect way, but it will get you a good result with some patience.
Hope this helps!!