The goal of this challenge is to design a water pump that fits the given requirements in order to be installed on one of our flying products.
The challenge concerns the availability of a quick acting electrical water pump without limitation linked to absence of specific lubrication.
SUBMISSION FILE FORMATS AND DELIVERABLES
- 3D model (CAD files “.model” format).
PLEASE INCLUDE TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION DOCUMENTS:
Note: Before you submit, please check if you meet export control restrictions of your country, if any.
- Capability to regulate a flow between 7 to 11 l/min.
- Establish a stable flow (+/-5% to nominal).
- Capability to establish flow, taking into account a counter pressure of 5 bar minimum (10 bar if possible. If 10 bar not reachable, maximal counter pressure to be provided).
- Capability to sustain a blocked flow at exit.
- If possible, self-priming capability.
- Inlet and outlet internal diameter: between 6 and 10 mm.
- Limitations related to installation/operation of the pump have to be provided.
- Power input is 28 V Direct Current.
- Nominal weight ≤ 4 kg.
- Should be limited to 2l.
- Capability to be used with water.
- If possible, capability to be used with glycol and iso-propanol additives up to 50% concentration.
- Capability to establish the flow in less than 0.2 sec.
- Capability to regulate a set point sends through electrical command.
- The setpoint will depend on atmospheric pressure and outside temperature.
- The setpoint will be constant during the use of the pump.
- Normal operating ambient temperature: from 0°C to 55°C.
- To operate without restriction for Altitude/pressure: -2 000 ft to +10 000 ft.
- Storage: No damage encountered in case of storage at low temperature (till below -10°C)
- More than 10.000 cycles of 10 sec.
- If the pump is not able to establish the flow in less than 0,2 sec, cycle duration becomes 10 min in continuous operation.
- On-condition maintenance only.
- No specific storage conditions.
- At least compliant with CS 29 amdt 3.
- The marking will indicate
- Manufacturer name
- Manufacturing date
- Manufacturer serial number or batch number
- Customer serial number or batch number
- Empty space for a casual amendment number/ derogation number
- Checking hallmark
- The indications shall be clear and indelible under environmental conditions specified.
- Labeling material shall comply with environmental requirements.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION:
If Entrant’s Entry is awarded a prize in the Airbus Challenge, Entrant agrees to and does hereby grant to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide, exclusive, sub-licensable, transferable, fully paid up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works from, publically perform, publically display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for Sale and import the Entry and to develop or have developed the technology described in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter developed for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without further approval by Entrant (“Exclusive License”).
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that is has the right to grant these rights and the Exclusive License.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY:
Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible. We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries. Entries are automatically given the tag "airbuswaterpump" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS:
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged. All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
Unlike previous challenges, we will only be announcing winners and will not be announcing finalists, so please make sure to share your favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on June 24th, 2018 (24:00 EST.) The Finalists round will be skipped with this challenge. Winners will be announced July 2nd, 2018.
$10,000 in Prizes!
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.