AirPatrol is looking for a new exterior design for an upcoming product to complement their current line of split type A/C WiFi controllers.
You must include:
- STL version
- STEP or IGES version
You are encouraged to include:
- Explanation of your design and how it fits the brand
- DWG and SAT formats
- Native CAD file format
The winning design will be:
- Only external design of the controller
- Complementary to Airpatrol brand and product line
- White color
- Meeting all requirements
- Made of plastic
- Controller unit has to have 2 hidden buttons (small holes), 4 LEDs, 2 Infra-red sensors, temperature and humidity sensors.
- Inside the controller there must be room for motherboard with micro-usb connector.
- Currently the motherboard size is about 76x76 mm for AirPatrol Nordic.
- It has to be possible to open the controller to insert or replace motherboard.
- We will not set dimension requirements and will follow the external design when developing the internal structures of the WiFi controller. Maximum dimensions:(H x L x W) 180 x 110 x 40 mm
- Two IR sensors are required for maximum coverage depending on the position AirPatrol is placed.
The competition is open to everyone. Multiple entries are acceptable. Team entries are welcome - prize will be transferred to team leader. Participants may only win one prize per Challenge.
Tag your entry with “CONTROLLERCASING” when uploading to GrabCAD. If you submit through the "Submit entry" button, this should be added automatically. Only entries with valid tag will participate. Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Private entries are not eligible.
By entering this competition, you
1. Warrant that the work is your original work.
2. To the best of your knowledge, it is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
3. Neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trade mark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs. The applicant’s participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person.
Only public entries will be considered. Any private submissions will be made public at the Challenge deadline.
We will release the finalists before the final announcement to give the Community an opportunity to "vote" for their favorites in the comments. The jury will take these into consideration when picking the final winner. This new addition is based on feedback from you!
Winning designs will be chosen based on the rules and requirements. EXTENDED from December 31: this Challenge ends on January 6, 2014 (11:59pm UTC). Winners will be announced by February 6, 2014.
Void where prohibited.
Cash prizes for TOP 5 places
$750 cash + GrabCAD shirt and bottle
$500 cash + GrabCAD shirt and bottle
$350 cash + GrabCAD shirt and bottle
$250 cash + GrabCAD shirt and bottle
$150 cash + GrabCAD shirt and bottle
The jury will be comprised of AirPatrol and GrabCAD experts.
AirPatrol is the best device to control your air conditioner (A/C) or heat pump with mobile phone. It is a user-friendly and innovative controller that lets you effortlessly change the mode, room temperature and fan speed of your A/C or heat pump. AirPatrol has grown to be the biggest mobile control producer in Northern and Central Europe. AirPatrol makes life comfortable and helps to save money.