It's that time of year GrabCADrs! Design the third annual Golden Gear trophy for our annual celebration of all things awesome in the GrabCAD Community.
This is also a chance to celebrate a year of your hard work by designing something just for fun. So, go have fun and create a trophy design!
1. Nominate your favorite engineers, tutorials, and models from 2014 in the comments of this Challenge.
2. Design a 3D-printable trophy for our 2014 Golden Gear Award winners.
3. Get an estimate from Sculpteo and include the size, material and cost in your model description.
4. The 2014 Golden Gear winners are announced after the New Year and they receive the winning trophy design from this Challenge. The Challenge winner gets a trophy, too! This year's Golden Gear Awards will go to staff favorites and community picks in all kinds of categories: models, renderings, tutorials, and more!
5. Have a happy holiday season!
Top Collaborative Model
Winner: SWCOT - Solidworks City Of The Future by Tommy Mueller
Honorable Mention: "M-72" collaboration project- "SIDECAR-military version" by michal
Top “Pay It Forward” Tutorial
Winner: TUBORG BOTTLE - SW TUTORIAL by Петар Трлајић
Honorable Mention: http://grabcad.com/questions/how-to-render-the-netherland-boat-souvenir-in-keyshot-4 by Mohammad Shubbak
Top Consumer Model
Winner: flexible picnictable by bj
Honorable Mention: http://grabcad.com/library/umbra-paper-towel-holder-challenge-2 by Arien
Top Educational Model
Winner: SHAND MASON FIRE PROJECT by john fall
Honorable Mention: Mapex Drums with Paiste Cymbals, Tama Throne and Zildjian Sticks by Alexander Danko
Please leave notes about the other models and other GrabCADrs that you’d like to recognize for their amazing contribution and work in 2014. We are lucky to have way more great members and great models than we can call attention to here. Please pay it forward and mention someone else!
Winning designs will:
- Celebrate a year's worth of great contributions in the GrabCAD Community
- Be 3D-printable for around $100
- Be something an engineer would love to display on their desk
Your entry must include:
- STL or other 3D printable CAD file format
- Description of your design thinking
You're encouraged to include:
- More renderings!
- Approximate size, material, and estimated cost in your model description
- Native CAD version
- CAD file formats with color information
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
The Challenge is open to everyone except employees and families of GrabCAD and the Sponsor. Multiple entries are welcome. Team entries are welcome.
By entering the Challenge you:
1. Accept the official GrabCAD Challenges Terms & Conditions.
2. Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
3. Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
4. Warrant that the submission is your original work.
5. Warrant, to the best of your knowledge, your work is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
6. Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
7. Warrant participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
8. Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
9. Agree the Sponsor and GrabCAD have the right to promote all entries.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible.
We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries.
Entries are automatically given the tag "crazycart" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
We will release the finalists before the announcement of the winners to give the Community an opportunity to share their favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on December 30, 2014 (23:59pm UTC). UPDATE: New Challenge deadline is January 4, 2015 (23:59pm UTC).
Winners will be announced by January 31, 2014.
Void where prohibited.
3D Printed Trophy for the winner!
A 3D print of their trophy from Sculpteo
Something special from the GrabCAD Team :P
The entire GrabCAD team with help from the GrabCAD Community!
The GrabCAD Community helps mechanical engineers solve design and manufacturing problems.