It's that time of year GrabCADrs! Design the fourth annual Golden Gear trophy for our year end celebration of all things awesome in the GrabCAD Community.
This is also a chance to celebrate a year of your hard work by designing something just for fun. So, go have fun and create a trophy design!
For inspiration, think about what the GrabCAD Community, engineering, and design mean to you, and keep in mind the values we embody as a community. With every action we take, we aspire to be:
Download a PDF of the GrabCAD logo and an STL of Grabby via the 'Download specifications' button on this page. We will be using Stratasys Direct to print the winning trophy.
1. Nominate your favorite engineers, tutorials, and models from 2015 in the comments of this Challenge.
2. Design a 3D-printable trophy for our 2015 Golden Gear Award winners.
3. Get an estimate from Sculpteo or Stratasys Direct and include the size, material and cost in your model description.
4. The 2015 Golden Gear winners are announced after the New Year and they receive the winning trophy design from this Challenge. The Challenge winner gets a trophy, too! This year's Golden Gear Awards will go to staff favorites and community picks in all kinds of categories: models, renderings, tutorials, and more!
5. Have a happy holiday season!
Top “Pay It Forward” Tutorial
Winner: Logitech m185 (Anim + Tutorial) by Петар Трлајић
Honorable Mention: https://www.grabcad.com/questions/how-to-model-a-centrifugal-pump-body-spiral-construction-using-inventor-2104 by Constantin STANCESCU
Top Educational Model
Winner: QRM - Quad Rotor Mini by Dennis Martens
Honorable Mention: Motor Cycle Engine Internal Setup - 1199 Panigale's Superquadro engine - Final Assembly by Imran khan
Please leave notes about the other models and other GrabCAD members that you’d like to recognize for their amazing contribution and work in 2015. We are lucky to have way more great members and great models than we can call attention to here. Please pay it forward and mention someone else!
Winning designs will:
- Celebrate a year's worth of great contributions in the GrabCAD Community
- Be 3D-printable for around $100
- Be something an engineer would love to display on their desk
Your entry must include:
- STL or other 3D printable CAD file format
- Description of your design thinking
You're encouraged to include:
- More renderings!
- Approximate size, material, and estimated cost in your model description
- Native CAD version
- CAD file formats with color information
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
The Challenge is open to everyone except employees and families of GrabCAD and the Sponsor. Multiple entries are welcome. Team entries are welcome.
By entering the Challenge you:
1. Accept the official GrabCAD Challenges Terms & Conditions.
2. Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
3. Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
4. Warrant that the submission is your original work.
5. Warrant, to the best of your knowledge, your work is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
6. Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
7. Warrant participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
8. Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
9. Agree the Sponsor and GrabCAD have the right to promote all entries.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email email@example.com.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible.
We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries.
Entries are automatically given the tag "goldengear2015" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
We will release the finalists before the announcement of the winners to give the Community an opportunity to share their favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on January 13, 2016 (23:59pm UTC).
Winners will be announced by February 8, 2016.
Void where prohibited.
3D Printed Trophy for the winner!
A 3D print of their trophy from Stratasys Direct
Some special swag from the GrabCAD Team
The GrabCAD team!
GrabCAD is the community where engineers and designers from around the world come together to share, learn, and interact in the pursuit of developing innovative products.
With over 2.5 million members from 196 countries, there is no problem too big, no question too tough, and no modeling job too detailed for our community to tackle.