• Worked in a team from different backgrounds to develop the Final Design Packet (FDP) to be sent to SpaceX for initial screening, focusing specifically on the safety of the pod. The document was accepted by SpaceX for next round.
• Led a team of students to design and develop 3D models of traction test system using Computer Aided Design software such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD, Inventor to determine the maximum torque that can be supplied to the driven wheel. Maintaining the Bill of Materials.
• Involved in designing the propulsion system of the pod in order to reduce the mass of the pod by 20kg.
• Designed and developed a cooling system for the motor to function in vacuum without thermal throttling, increased the motor efficiency by 22%.
• Evaluated the engineering drawings of the motor. Designed and manufactured the fixtures needed to assemble the motor on the pod.
• Collaborated and communicated with engineering support teams of McLaren and YASA motors concerning the weight and tor
Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd.
April 2016 - July 2017
• Maintained numerical calculations, 2D drawings, 3D models along with the design change history using the Product Data Management (PDM) system. Released and verified 2D drawings for the suppliers and documentation of the reports.
• Performed design optimization of the connecting rod using Fusion 360 to reduce the weight by 9%.
• Performing FEA analysis on the engine crankshaft and piston in ANSYS to determine the number of cycles to failure under maximum load.
• Involved in load testing of the diesel engine to measure fuel efficiency and Brake Horsepower (BHP).
• Updated Engineering documentation such as TES’s (Technical Specifications), DFMEA’s (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and DVP’s (Design Verification Plan)
• Generated engineering drawings with GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) specifications and BOM (Bill of Materials)
Arizona State University
Masters, Mechanical Engineering
January 2017 - January 2019
University of Kerala
Bachelors, Mechanical Production Engineering
January 2012 - January 2016