Electrical Engineering & Electronics Design

Created by Xgentec Jason on 11 April, 2018

What are your thoughts on this ?

Do you think there are any better entry level oscilloscopes that compete with the Rigol DS1054Z ??? All opinions are welcome on this subject !

I have to say this is one of my favourite oscilloscopes and I find it difficult to fault especially for the amount of bang you get for your bucks aspect, it does everything I need from a scope and has a large variety of functionality including FFT fast fourier transform and also easily connectable to PC using Rigol ultra scope software. I must say the only thing I don't like is certain features are limited or turned off after a trial period and have to be reactivated as upgrade options.

Listed Scope Specs:

• 50MHz bandwidth, 4 channels
  • Maximum sample rate 1GSa/s
  • Vertical scale 1mV/div to 10V/div
  • Standard memory depth now 24Mpts (was 12Mpts)
  • Innovative "UltraVision" technology
  • Up to 30,000wfms/s waveform capture rate
  • Up to 60,000 frames real-time waveform record and replay (optional)
  • 7" WVGA (800x480) TFT LCD display, 64 intensity grading levels
  • Up to 15-off trigger functions, including various protocol triggers
  • Auto measurement of 33 waveform parameters, with statistics
  • Built-in FFT with a choice of window functions
  • Pass/fail test function
  • Built-in help facility
  • Connectivity: USB Host & Device, LAN(LXI), AUX Output, (USB-GPIB, optional)
  • Compact size, light weight, easy to use
  • Supplied with... 4-off passive probes (150MHz), USB cable, UK & European mains leads, quick guide
  • Standard on all units sold after 2017... Deeper memory, waveform record & replay, advanced trigger functions & serial-bus analysis
  • Options include... Soft carry bag, high-voltage probes, current probes, differential probes, rack mount kit, standard calibration, UKAS calibration