How to Import Cad file in Ansys Workbench ? with out translate to Stp/Igs....
I want to show you how to import Cad file such as Catpart/sldpart,... in Ansys workbench ..
when you install ansys you should check this options , but if you forgot or ....
follow this step.
My Ansys version is 14.5 and it work in all version upper 12
Start -> all programs -> ANSYS 14.5 -> Utilities -> CAD Configuration Manager 14.5
( Run with run as administrator )
step 2 :
In tab ---> 1) cad section tick workbench and ansys gemoetry interface..
2) in Cad products tick Program that you need to know cad file for ansys. such as : Catia v5 , solidworks ...
3) click to next
when you click on next you went to cad configuration :
1) click on configure selected cad interfaces
now you see front of you proga that choice ...." Configure Success "
click on exit and Enjoy this :D
Build your component in SolidWorks
1. Draw the desired beam in the SolidWorks
2. Export the file into IGES format
File > Save as > Change the file type to “IGES (*.igs)” > Click “Options” > Change
the “Surface representation/System preference" from "Standard" to "ANSYS" > Click
"ok" to close "Export Options" > Choose the folder and the name the file is saved >
Import file in ANSYS window
1. File Menu >Import > IGES > Click ok for the poped up dialog box > Click
"Browse" and choose the file saved from SolidWorks > Click ok to import the file.