how to reduce time involve in plunge in power mill
please tell me how i can reduce the which involve in plunge.
about 60 % time involve in plunge(in tool air)
First of all let you to tell little about plunge milling In Del-cam Power mill.
Plunge Roughing in Power-mill : There is a typed command - MAKE TOOLPATH PLUNGE
You gonna remove material or shape your work-piece according to your requirement means you should have to follow some thing like removing the extra materials through rough milling than applying the Finishing process.
In Delcam or any other CNC machine/program you are able to Reduce the Timing through Reducing the Retraction Amount and
also from making correct tool paths.
It is possible to create a more "controlled" plunge roughing toolpath as follows;
1) Create a 2D pattern representing the path you wish to take around your model (PowerSHAPE, PS-Sketcher, imported geometry)
NOTE: Extreme care must be taken to ensure the pattern is correct to allow safe removal of all material. Pay particular attention to the start point of the pattern as this will define your first plunge position
2) Create a Pattern Finishing toolpath based on this pattern (here you can force the pattern to be projected onto your CAD model by using "Drop" or leave the pattern as a piece of 2D wireframe)
Note: This command still only works with end-mills
3) Make sure your pattern finishing toolpath is active
4) Issue the typed command "edit toolpath plunge"
A series of dialogue boxes will appear allowing you to define....
* Stepalong - or the distance between plunge moves along the pattern
* Pullback distance - the distance the tool will retract away from the model after the plunge move
* Azimuth angle - an angle (in the XY plane) along which the tool will retract at the end of the plunge move
* Elevation Angle - another angular value (along Z) that controls the vertical portion of the retraction movement (needs to be combined with Azimuth angle to define a compound angular movement up-and-away from the part)
Note: These retraction angles force the tool to pull away from the previous plunge move at a user-controlled angle (thus minimising the likelihood of the tool rubbing against the side of the stock you just machined and thus breaking tool inserts/tips).
IMPORTANT: This is code that is in development inside PowerMILL and as such should be used VERY CAREFULLY. However in saying this I would suggest interested users experiment with this new piece of code and contact Delcam with any comments/suggestions
If you are gonna provide the solid model which you wants to machining than I will Surely provide the Detailed Way to Control the Machining time, and Also all Required step to clear your Doubts,
There it is, but I need the solid model to Tell you detail process of Reducing the plunge milling.
Answered with a tutorial: https://grabcad.com/tutorials/how-to-reduce-time-involve-in-plunge-in-power-mill
Also Tool travel time will reduce through the boundary creation method.!!
Create boundary for specific region. In which you wanna travel the tool.