Ask and answer engineering questions

Learn from millions of experts


Mates for valves and camshaft

By S.V. Designs on 03 Sep 12:59 1 answer 0 comments

What kind of mates should be used in order to have a rotating camshaft push the valves down the valve head? I made the Aykut Dana, V12 engine tutorial but i can't mate the vlaves the right way!

1 answer

  • Aled J Taylor
    Aled J Taylor about 4 years ago

    I'd use a 'cam' mate between the cam and its follower. Bizarrely, if you've used the cam design tool in SolidWorks, you may have great difficulty.

    I have a working cam mechanism here:
    Engine V Twin
    (you need to 'float' the components to unsuppress the mates).

    If you have difficulty putting a cam mate on a cam, let me know.

Add your answer to: "Mates for valves and camshaft"

Save Cancel