Need help urgent on Sheet Metal Part.
On the cut outs of this part, i need them to be V shaped instead of U shape like they are now. On the bottom part.
Please take a look at it and let me know if you can help me, please try and not make many changes to the dimensions that are now.
I had another idea, but I don't have time to try it.
1. Make the C channel with a shaped sketch
2 Use Contour Flange for the entire length of the final part
3. Sketch on the one sides of the C to and cut extrude to create the angled cut-out
4. Repeat for the other side
5. Create sketch on the back of the C at the desired bend location
6. Use bend command to bend a the line in the sketch
7. Repeat for the outermost flange.
That should leave you in control of where the cut out ends and therefore the shape of the material in the flat blank.
Give it a try and let me know how you make out.