ProE mold cavity shelhoutte curve and option
I WANTS TO SPILIT TWO OR ONE VOLUME IN A WORKPIECE. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT SHELLHOUTTE CURVE AND ITS OOPTIONS HOW TO MODIFY THIS CURVE AFTER DEFAULT CREATION (LIKE LOOP SELECTION, SLIDES.GAP CLOSURE AND DIRECTIONS .. PLZ SIR TELL ME HURRY . BCZ. I HAD FACE MANY TIME THIS PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW OFTEN.. PLEEEEEZ.
Shelhoutte curve is a curve formed on outline of a part when viewed in particular direction. I am not going to explain the entire core cavity split because we already discussed it in previous tutorial . Please go through following steps
Answered with a tutorial: https://grabcad.com/tutorials/proe-mold-cavity-shelhoutte-curve-and-option
That was a good overview of the process. One additional item, make use of the "Draft Analysis" tool before even going into mold design process:
1. Select Draft Analysis and choose the model name in the model tree
2. Select a plane parallel to your parting plane
3. Turn off shading (ie, use hidden line mode) to see the part edges during the analysis
4. Review the part. Any surface that is colored "white" has 0 draft and needs to be fixed.
5. You are generally looking for a part with two color regions only. One side should be all blue (light and dark) and the other should be all red (light and dark). You should not have any "islands" of color. The border between the two colors is your parting edge.
Spending time reviewing with Draft analysis can save headaches in using the silhouette curve.