What should GrabCAD do for their next fun Challenge to thank the Community?
Life can't be all work and no play! We'd like to host a challenge for our Community to make something creative and fun. I've heard the idea of asking everyone to create keychain by @William. And @Teigan had a cool idea, too:
"My idea was to challenge everyone to design a flatpack product. in other words, all the preassembled pieces need to fit into a small Xcm,Ycm,Zcm box. and the judging criteria will be defined by points. 50points for volume, 30points for utility, 20points for originality. anything shown by the community to not pack into the XYZ box will be disqualified."
Any thoughts or ideas?
I too have been waiting a while for a new challenge, and so I propose we use this thread to create a new challenge. Not one for money or awards, but one simply for practice, fun, and the generation of new and novel ideas and concepts. So...
THE AIRDROP SHELTER CHALLENGE
Design a shelter that can be carried by an AMI MI-26 Helicopter. Must be able to house 2 people for a single week, have solar panels, and be able to connect to a water spigot. I present this challenge as a way to generate ideas for disaster relief. Send me the CAD files at firstname.lastname@example.org . I will announce the winners after 4 weeks, or after 10 people have submitted. Please, share this answer. We nee something to do!
1. Total Material Cost must be less than 10,000 USD, excluding manufacturing
2. Can be carried by a MI-26 Military Transport Helicopter
3. Must have wheels, even if detachable, that can roll over obstacles of 6 in
4. Must have either: Solar Power, Wind Power, Or require no power at all
5. Must house and sleep 2-5 people. More value will be given to designs that house more people.
6. Must have running water (faucets), which must dispense filtered water. 1 pump for water should be installed.
7. Must have at LEAST 1 door, 1 window of any size.
8. Have 1 source of heat. Propane cylinders are allowed, but must have a burning method attached (such as a stove).
All designs will be showcased, and final review of all designs will be done by other GrabCAD members. Designs may, and likely should contain other CAD files from other members. Do mention the source when you download and implement their parts into your final design. The final assembly should be submitted as a .stp (or STEP file). Please be respectful of others, and good luck!!!