while using catia my computer tends to hang a lot, even during skteching but when i look in the usage of graphic card it is almost nil. is there any settings issue?
i have a hpz600 workstation with me with 2 X5560 CPU AND 24GB RAM and 256gb(ssd)+ 500gb(hdd). i have two graphic cards quadro 4000(2gb) + quadro fx580(518mb). I have windows 10 professional in my pc!
Where is the option to show the graphic card usage?
The first few things to consider are?
- How complex are the parts/assemblies you are working with?
- What else is running on the PC and using resources?
- How much hard drive space is available on each drive?
- Are you working on local files? Or are you working over a network?
- Does the system hang all the time, or is it intermittent?
Try watching or logging what else is happening on the computer when Catia hangs.
According to my experience CATIA needs higher CPU usage comparative to others. So check the background app running status.
And if you are facing problems like taking a longer time to start then I think u should not do hurry when the system is loading the set up. All u need is patience.