How to Add Machines to GrabCAD Shop
GrabCAD Shop allows a user to manage assets within a 3d printing lab or print shop. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to add machines with your shop from 3d printers to traditional manufacturing machines.
Step 1: Add New Machine
If you are first setting up your shop. GrabCAD Shop will ask you to add machines from your shop as a part of the initial setup process:
For users who need to add new or remove existing machines a user can do this by following the steps below:
- Within your selected shop, navigate to Machine Types
- At the top right click on the button labeled Add Machine Type
- Complete the following fields:
- Technologies: The method used to complete a part or job. This could be 3D printer technologies like FDM, Polyjet, SLS, etc or traditional machines.
- Machine Type: The type of machine within the selected technology.
Once both fields have been completed, simply click on the button labeled Add Materials & Colors to complete the process of adding your machine.
Step 2: Add Materials
- Once you have selected your machine, add your materials, colors and configure your rates:
- To add materials, simply click on whichever you need for your printer.
- Once done, you then can calculate the price of said materials by entering the amount needed.
Once all materials are accounted for, click finish.
Step 3: How to delete or edit a existing machine
If you need to add materials to an existing machine or delete it entirely, within the Machine Types menu, navigate to the machine in question and select the 3 dots in the bottom right to make edits or delete entirely.
Step 4: In Summary:
The ability to add machines to your project in GrabCAD shop, be that 3D printing or traditional machines, is a valuable feature to any shop or team. It allows you to adapt on the spot to unforeseen changes in prototyping, design and the needs of your team. It also allows you to streamline your orders as you know which machines are being used on which project. Overall, it makes the lives of designers and operators noticeably easier!