In this tutorial, we will show you how to convert any 3D model to Voxel model using Simlab Composer faster and easier.
Step 1: Export Your Model as 3D format
* First, export your model from 3d software, you can show the list of supported import formats in Simlab Composer below.
Step 2: Open The Simlab Composer
* Open the Simlab Composer, you can start the program by double-clicking its desktop shortcut or from the start menu.
Step 3: Import Your Model In The Simlab Composer
* Now, Import your model in composer, click Import from File, or by using Ctrl+I, select your model format then click Open.
* When you click on Open, the Import File dialog will appear, In this dialog you can set different options for 3D import, select z axis in up vector, scale and center then click OK.
* Your model imported in Composer.
Step 4: Convert Your 3D Model to Voxel Model
* Now, select your model in Composer and click on Geometry → Voxelize Selection, the Voxelize Options dialog will appear.
* The default voxel object is a cube of certain size, and you can choose a different object, by clicking the Pick voxel option then select another object sphere, cylinder or any other object in the scene, then click Start.
Warning! The less the value entered in the cube size, the larger the size of the output file and thus the more processing power needed.
Step 5: Tutorial Result
* When the convert operations complete, the result will appear as a new object in Objects Tree (On the left side of Simlab Composer).