TUTORIAL: How to specify new profiles of welding structural members in SolidWorks?
This is very easy to do, please follow me...
1. Create your profile in 'Part Design".
2. Select the sketch from the list as shown on the picture (this is important step, if you don't your profile " will be empty").
3. Go to FILE -> SAVE AS -> Lib Feat Part
4. Go to the SolidWorks installation folder:
SolidWorks Corp -> SolidWorks -> data -> weldment profiles
5. Create the folder for ex. "Tubes"
6. Name the sketch file to be easily recognized for ex. 42,4_3,25
7. In created folder in step 3 -> create subfolder for ex. CrNi and save your profile file in this subfolder
8. To check if everything is ok... create the path, go to Insert -> Weldments -> Structural Member
9. Select for standard: "Tubes"
- for Type: "CrNi"
- for Size: "42,4_3,25"
Then select your profile as "Groups"
Now do some weldment design and use your just created profile...
BTW, it is important to remember that "center of the coordinate axes", from your profile sketch, will follow the path...
as shown on below picture...
Now we edit our profile and change the position of the center of the coordinate axes..
... now this point follow the path.
Hope it will be usefull.