Ask and answer engineering questions

Learn from millions of experts


Structural steel connection

By Devis Gangale on 11 May 22:24 3 answers 1 comment

Dear colleagues
I have to create a balcony structure with steel profiles RHS and UAP.
The problem is the connection between this two profiles (see atteched image)
Can you help me please? Can you say me what is/are the best connection for this case?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards

Added images


3 answers

  • FredSWUG
    FredSWUG over 1 year ago

    The perspective of the view makes it difficult to determine how close the parts are, but welding would be a common method used to connect structural steel parts.

  • Jonathan DeRoner
    Jonathan DeRoner over 1 year ago

    In your image, is this where the parts must be connected to one another? If so, welding is most definitely recommended. But looking at this image, I would also add a plate that sits behind the flat portion of the C channel's back side that stretches over the front of the square structural tube as well. Then you can bolt and weld that to both pieces for even more structural support. This is only if there is the space available and you can add the material.

  • Devis Gangale
    Devis Gangale over 1 year ago

    Der all
    Trank you very much for your help. I considered the version with plate and bolts. This was better for the assembly.

    Thank you again

Add your answer to: "Structural steel connection"

Save Cancel