Basic Tutorial for AutoCAD-2
This Tutorial will give you idea about basic introduction about AutoCAD, user guide tutorial for tools, best practices, applications.
This tutorial is the web series for basic AutoCAD so follow up for the next file.
Hit like if it is useful.
Step 1: Mouse Controls & Units
Left Mouse Button
Used to pick or select objects
1. Click the left mouse button to select an object area in the drawing.
2. Press ESC twice to deselect an object (or to cancel a command).
Right Mouse Button
Used to enter a command, repeat last command, or access shortcut menus.
1. Click the right mouse button.
• SHIFT + the right mouse button brings up the object snap menus.
• Various screen locations for the mouse brings up different menus.
All AutoCAD commands can be typed in at the command line. Many commands also have one
or two letter aliases that can also be typed as shortcuts to the commands.
1. Type the desired command at the command prompt.
Command : LINE
2. Type the command’s alias. Command: L
3. Press ENTER/Space to end.
4. Type an option at the command prompt.
TIP: Many AutoCAD commands require you to press ENTER to complete the command. You know you are no longer in an AutoCAD command when you see a blank command line.
Reissuing the Last Command
The last used AutoCAD command can be re-entered by one of the following three methods of ENTER. The ENTER key on the keyboard will always act as ENTER, the SPACEBAR and
RIGHT MOUSE will act as enter most of the time (exceptions include placing TEXT).
1. Press the ENTER key on the keyboard
2. Press the Spacebar on the keyboard.
3. Click the right mouse button.
Shifts the location of a view.
1. Choose View, Pan.
2. Click the Pan icon.
3. Type PAN from the command prompt.
Command: PAN or P
- While in the PAN command, click with the right mouse button to see the
- Panning can also be done by using the window scroll bars
Increases or decreases the apparent size of objects in the current viewport
1. Choose View, Zoom.
2. Click a Zoom icon.
3. Type ZOOM at the command prompt.
Command: Zoom or Z
4. Type One of the following zoom options
The following are basic zoom options:
All Places entire drawing (all visible layers) on display at once.
Extents Displays current drawing content as large as possible.
Previous Restores previous view.
Window Designates rectangular area to be drawn as large as possible.
Number Magnification relative to ZOOM All display
Number X Magnification relative to current display (1X)
Center Specifies center point and new display height.
Dynamic Permits you to pan a box representing the viewing screen around the entire generated portion of the drawing and enlarge or shrink it.
-While in the ZOOM command, click with the right mouse button to see the
menu to the right.
1. Choose Format, Units...
2. Type DDUNITS at the command prompt.
Command: DDUNITS or UN
3. Choose a units and angle setting.
4. Choose a precision setting.
Pick your insertion scale and type and then click ok
Step 2: Drawing Tools
Under the Home ribbon tab we have Draw tools
We can use the draw tools by either selecting on the draw toolbar or else by using the command prompt.
Line command can be used by giving L enter in the command prompt
Polyline command can be used by giving PL or PLINE enter in the command prompt
There are many types of circle in AutoCAD it can be used by giving C enter in the command prompt.
select the center and enter the radius or diameter value to create a circle
Select two points from which circle will be created
Select three point on the circumference of the circle to create a circle.
Select two tangent points and enter the radius value to create a circle
Select three tangent points from which a circle will be generated.
Arc can be utilized by entering A enter
similar to circle types we have different types of Arc's too
The type of arc depends upon start , end, direction, angle, length, center , radius.
Rectangle command can be utilized by giving REC enter
while creating rectangle we can able to give fillet radius and chamfer directly for the model.
Polygon command can be used by giving POL enter
maximum of 1024 sided polygon can be created in AutoCAD which will more or less similar to a circle.