In this tutorial I'll show how to create a closed end multi-pitch spring using SolidWorks 2014.
Creating the base sketch:
- Select the Front plane from the FeatureManager tree.
- Click new Sketch.
- Sketch a circle centered on the origin.
- Add a diameter dimension of (1) unit length .
Creating a helix using Variable Pitch:
- Insert (Curve) Helix-Spiral.
- Under Define By, select: Pitch and Revolution.
- Under Parameter, select: Variable Pitch.
- Under Region Parameters, enter the values for the Pitch, Revolutions, and Diameters.
- Set Angle to (0) deg and Clockwise direction.
Sketching the sweep profile :
- Select the Top plane and open a new sketch .
- Sketch a circle near the right end of the helix.
- Add a Pierce relation between the center of the circle and the helix.
Sweeping the profile along the path:
- Insert (Bose-Base) Sweep.
- Select the small circle for sweep profile .
- Select the helix for sweep path .
-Click OK ·
Creating a trimmed sketch:
- Select the Top plane from the Feature Manager tree and open a new sketch.
- Sketch a rectangle and add a Midpoint relation between the line on top and the origin.
- Add a width and a height dimension.
Extruding a cut:
- Insert(Cut) Extrude.
- Set the Direction Through All Both.
- Enable the Flip Side to Cut checkbox.
- Click OK.