I'm trying to write a SW macro but don't know where to start. I'm looking for the following operations...
- Activate macro on an unsaved part
- Opens Microsoft excel
- Opens an excel spreadsheet from a known file location
- Copies the latest available ‘serial number’
- Marks that number as not-available
- Saves spreadsheet
- Closes spreadsheet
- Returns to Solidworks
- Opens the save as dialog box
- Pastes serial number in to file name
- Macro stops
- User can now choose where to save part
Any ideas on how to do this?