How to model fan blades in Autodesk Inventor?
SEE FAN BLADES - DONE IN INVENTOR 2014
1) TRACED THE PHOTO IN AUTOCAD TO USE AS SKETCH IN INVENTOR
2) CREATE BOTTOM EDGE 2-D SKETCH IN INVETOR
3) OFFSET WORKPLANE AND CREATE TOP EDGE 2-D SKETCH
4) CREATED 2 3-D HELICAL SKETCHES USING HEIGHT AND PITCH (PITCH = HEIGHT * 360 / SINGLE_BLADE_SWEEP_ANGLE)
5) LOFT SURFACE FROM BOTTOM 3-D HELICAL SKETCH TO TOP 3-D HELICAL SKETCH
6) EXTRUDE SURFACE OUTLINE SKETCH OF SINGLE BLADE
7) SPLIT (5)-SURFACE USING (6)-SURFACE AS SPLIT TOOL
8) TRIM FACE BY DELETING FACES THAT ARE OBSOLETE
9) THICKEN SURFACE THAT IS LEFT
10) ARRAY SOLID
11) CREATE HUB BY REVOLVE
I started out by offsetting some lines for the ribs, then orienting my UCS so I can draw the loft profiles (using "splines"), perpendicular to the lines.
I then scaled the profiles a little larger then my slicing profile would end up being. Keep in mind this was quick and dirty so is not scale precisely. With more time you should create a lofting path (or rails), to control the loft not just slice afterward, but it works here.
I then center rotated the lofting profiles from -10 to +10 degrees in about 5 degree increments. This will give me the twist. I then created a center hub and did a circular array on the blades.
Here is a video link of AutoCAD 2013 Video Tutorial - Exercise - Use arrays to create a toothed gear, yon can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hu5j_T_FDE
Hope this helps a little! Have a Great Day....
In a few minutes I made the following.
Using the command "Loft".
1e draw a route with several planes. (2 ore more)
On each plane the particular shape in a sketch on the plane.
Use command Loft to run in one shape from 1 sketch thru all to the last.
after that use the command circular Pattern in a assembly to make and run these 3 blades around an axle.
See further help at youtube "loft" and later "Pattern".
Or tell me the next problem you struggle or deal with.
Best Regards Tommy
Answered with a tutorial: https://grabcad.com/tutorials/how-to-model-fan-blades-in-autodesk-inventor