Ask and answer engineering questions

Learn from millions of experts

Missing feed

How to render like this??

By Svein on 25 Nov 22:18 2 answers 945 views 1 comment

I want to render a component on top of the drawfting of the component, and maybe create 3d model of paper rolls, and wrap drafting around it.
Do you know some tutorials on this?
I am going to use keyshot a think.

Added images

Square Square Square Square

2 answers

  • Carlos Rey
    Carlos Rey almost 2 years ago

    Hello. First i hope you will excuse my poor english.
    I did something like that some years ago (please, see renderings attached).
    I don't remember exactly what software i used for the modelling, but it was with 3ds max that i made the renderings. This project was a sculpture that was never carried out. I don't remember much details about it, i only kept this renderings with me, and by the way, i'm not the sculptor, i made only the computer model and the renderings. The model is scaled 1:10 and the drawing sheet is DIN A3 scaled 1:1, a simple plane with planar mapping.
    Sorry, i don't know Keyshot software. If it is useful for you i can give some more information. You can try also looking for tutorials about UV mapping and texture (or bitmap) wrapping. Ah, with regard to the first image you submit, i don't know anyone who draws the both sides of a sheet :)
    Best regards.

Add your answer to: "How to render like this??"

Save Cancel