Tutorial - 2D Truss analysis in Mechanical APDL (ANSYS) Part 1?
In general, a finite element solution may be broken into the following three stages.
1. Preprocessing: defining the problem;
- Define keypoints/lines/areas/volumes
- Define element type and material/geometric properties
- Mesh lines/areas/volumes as required
2. Solution: assigning loads, constraints and solving;
- Lists of nodal displacements
- Element forces and moments
- Deflection plots
- Stress contour diagrams
In this tutorial we will go through first step.
Answered with a tutorial: https://grabcad.com/tutorials/tutorial-2d-truss-analysis-in-mechanical-apdl-ansys-part-1