How to model Spring of Realistic Movement in SolidWorks 2012 ?
part is located here Realistic Movement Spring
1. Open SolidWorks in part mode. Sketch on the FRONT PLANE use revolve tool.
2. Right click on the sketch1>>Show. Insert>>Reference Geometry>>Axis
3. Select the face & point as shown. Press enter to repeat the last command i.e. Axis tool to make axis on the other face.
4. (Press “F” to zoom to fit) Insert>>Reference Geometry>>Mate Reference.
5. Under Mate Reference tool:
(i) Primary Reference Entity - Face
(ii) Secondary reference Entity - Axis
Press ENTER to repeat the last command & apply mate reference to other face too & save the part.
6. Open SW in Assembly Mode & insert the saved part as shown.
Use the push pin to insert multiple copies of the same part.
7. Hover the mouse at edge to place the copy of the same part & show the plane as shown.
8. Click the Mate tool. Access the Multiple mate mode. Select the plane as shown & apply parallel mate.
9. Again multiple mate mode & select the planes as shown and apply parallel mate.
10. Select the Right plane of assembly & the last part of assembly as shown and apply coincident mate. Click OK and we have realistic movement spring. :)