How to use Smart Fastener feature in assembly module in SolidWorks ?
Smart Fastener is helpful in crating detailed design. But ittake extra time if the assembly contains lightweight components that need to be resolved or the assembly components contain many holes.
1. Open SolidWorks in part mode & press escape. Insert>>Component>>New Part & click in the Top Plane.
2. Make box as shown inset hole. Hole inserted here is:
(i) CKS for M8 (Through all)
(ii) CKS for M6 (Blind 20mm)
(iii) CKS for M4 (Through all)
3. Insert>>Smart Fasteners…
4. Smart fastener window pop out & select the face of M8 & click Add as shown.
5. Flat head screw comes to M8 holes
6. Add to bottom stack : Hex Nut style 2
7. Repeat the last command select the M4 hole. We can also change the length of the flat heat screw
8. Repeat the same command. Select the M6 & length automatically adjusted to 20mm according to length of hole.