Tutorial: How to animate a model with contact analysis
Here is the Tutorial for animation of 6 slotes geneva mechanism.
Hope you will like it. :-)
Rendered Picture of the model to be animated
1. Open Assembly.
2. Select Motion Analysis as type of study. (Remember to Activate SolidWorks Motion).
OPEN IMAGE TO SEE FULL PREVIEW.
3. Make a Contact with the two Main Parts (as selected in picture).
4. Make a Motor and select the circular edge as motor location.
5. select outer face for Motor Direction.
6. Then Click Calculate.
7. wait till Calculation completes.
8. To Confirm animation,Click Play.
9. Screenshot at 2Sec.
10. Screenshot at 4Sec.
11. Screenshot at 6Sec.
And Animation is completed.