In this tutorial I will show the basic steps to create a static stress analysis model in Solidworks. This model is from the GE jet engine bracket challenge. The goal is to find the least amount of material volume and stress based on the parameter given.
1. Click on your simulation tab, then "new study". and click OK. (green check mark)
2. Click on "apply material" in your material library. Do this for all parts in your assembly. and click OK (green check mark).
3. Click on connectors advisor pull down tab, and select "rigid connection". and click OK.
4. Click on Fixture advisor pull down tab, and select "fixed geometry". Choose the inside surfaces of the bolt holes. and click OK.
5. Click on external load pull down tab, and select "force", then select the face to apply the force load. Select "normal" radio button. Select your chosen units of measurement (IE IPS). Enter load value (8000 lbs). and OK
6. Click "Run" analysis.
7. Review results of stress plot. To change units to "PSI" in stress plot, right click on "stress1" under Results. Edit definition, then choose "psi", and click on the "true scale" radio button. Click OK.