This is another tutorial for making same spring in NX.
model is uploaded Spring working
I hope you will like this.
This is the working spring made in NX
1. First of all, open new part.
Use revolve commend on front (xz) plane.And Draw sketch as in drawing.
2. Make revolve in 180 degree in direction as in image.
Save the part at a specified place
3. Open new assembly. and Add new part, which you saved before.
Select absolute Origen from placement, positioning section. And apply.
4. This will look like this.. and Make a fix type assembly constrain to the part you added recently.
5. Now add another same part, but now select by constraints in placement, positioning section. And apply.
6. Make a concentric relation between the edges of both parts as shown in image.
7. Add another same component, and apply.
8. Select two highlight edges for make another concentric relation.
9. This will be maybe looking like this... doesn’t need to worry.
Use move component commend and select by constrains in type section.
10. Now drag and drop the upper component as position as shown in fig. and click apply
11. Now add another same part and make concentric relation as done before, if required use move commend again to position like Spring.
12. New to add is the parallel relation between these two highlights parts. As shown in fig. and after select both click apply.
13. Add another part and make concentric relation, same as before.
Add the parallel relation between these two highlight parts. As shown in fig. and click apply.
14. Do same process and relations for number of parts as in fig.
This will not be same as in fig. that will be correct in last part.
15. Add last part.
16. Make concentric relation.
17. Now add a parallel relation to the centre axis of first and last part you added recently, as shown in fig.
18. You can add other small revolved parts with concentric relation to edge of the spring ends.
This will be the final part you make.
19. Now you can move the spring to required position as this is expended position.
Model is completed for used in assembly.