Create an accessory that is 100% 3D printable that can help make your commute a little more fun or easier. Think of a product that is innovative and useful for those windy and rainy mornings, or that helps you bike on roads with heavy traffic, or something that will make your bike look or function way better than everyone else’s. This is a challenge just for fun so let your imagination soar.
1. Make your commute easier
2. Improve the capabilities of your bike
3. Make it more fun to ride.
Pick the one that you can design!
While the accessory needs to be completely 3D printed, you can use the desired tools (screws, nuts, etc) to attach it to a bike.
We will pick three finalists for each of the above goals.
1st Place "Make your commute easier": $200 + GrabCAD Swag
1st Place "Improve the capabilities of your bike": $200 + GrabCAD Swag
1st Place "Make it more fun to ride": $200 + GrabCAD Swag
3a. How it affects my commute
3b. How it improved the capabilities of the bike
3c. Just for fun
4. Optimal Weight (not too heavy, not too light, just right)
5. Ease of attachment
Prefered Submission file formats:
- STEP (single part or assembly)
- Solidworks files (single part or assembly)
- Final design STL (single part of assembly)
- Renderings / Images (Required)
- VRML (If part has color related information)
Printer being used: F370 (FDM)
PolyJet can be used if the part is purely aesthetic
Dimensions of the printer: 14 in x10 in x14 in.
*You can only use additional materials to attach it to the bike: strap, screws, bolts, tape etc.*
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
The Challenge is open to everyone except employees and families of GrabCAD and the Sponsor. Multiple entries are welcome. Team entries are welcome.
By entering the Challenge you:
1. Accept the official GrabCAD Challenges Terms & Conditions.
2. Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
3. Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
4. Warrant that the submission is your original work.
5. Warrant, to the best of your knowledge, your work is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
6. Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
7. Warrant participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
8. Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
9. Agree the Sponsor and GrabCAD have the right to promote all entries.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email email@example.com.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible. We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries. Entries are automatically given the tag "bikeaccessory" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
We will release the finalists before the announcement of the winners to give the Community an opportunity to share their favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on February 5th, 2018 (23:59 EST.)
Finalists will be announced February 19th, 2018
Winners will be announced February 26th, 2018
GrabCAD is the community where engineers and designers from around the world come together to share, learn, and interact in the pursuit of developing innovative products.