How to make an animation for a compression spring in Solidworks 2011?
Tutorial to make animation for a compression spring in solidworks.
1. Model a spring and make the centre line always visible as shown in the figure.
2. Make the bottom part of the spring surface flat with the process shown below. Use “surface cut” tool for this purpose.
3. Repeat the same process for the top portion.
4. Make a part similar to the figure shown below or of a simple shock absorber.
5. Make the bottom part of the spring coincident to the part created in the above step as shown.
6. Right click on the sketch shown in blue colour and edit it. Before editing the part you must save your assembly file.
7. Make the line and the part co-incident as shown in the figure.
8. Click on “motion study” at the bottom of the solidworks window.
9. Place the model as shown in the figure and drag the bar in the timeline represented by orange color to a certain time as per your requirement.
10. Drag the part out as shown in the figure. The bars in the timeline will automatically get generated.
11. Now drag the orange colored bar to a greater length on the timeline.
12. Click on “calculate” button as shown.
13. Save the animation.
Pawan I'm also trying for that. I got something but itz in a raw stage. Gotta do sumthing for it soon. Btw u had asked for both catia and solidworks tutorial i suppose as i saw ur comment on venkata's model. :)
Thanx! but i was in search for simulation catia!!
I think a very basic piece of information is missing from the steps above:
The spring needs to be modelled as a revolved sweep, the animation won't work if you use a helix.
"How to make an animation for a compression spring in Spaceclaim 2015 ?"
Step 6 and step 7 is so confused to me.
When i click on centerline ( on her top point and on circuit line of the part behind) i get this option
You get this option
I used SolidWorks 2012
Additionally to what Steen Winther said, there's another important detail that is not highlighted enough (although it is said in the tutorial) for this method to work: the coil sketch MUST be in EDIT mode before connecting the upper point of the coil axis ant the center of the upper plate.