Tutorial: How to make a Working Spring.
This tutorial will be helpful to you. just follow the steps and read the description for every step.
Model is also available Spring working
animation tutorial is here http://grabcad.com/questions/tutorial-how-to-animate-a-working-spring
up-vote if you like.
1. Draw a Sketch in Front View as shown in fig. and revolve that circle around center axis to 180 degree.
2. Make a reference point from reference geometry. and select the edge of circle as in fig.
do same as in other side
3. Make a reference axis from reference geometry. and select that point and face of circle is in fig.
Do same as in other side
4. Now make a mate reference from reference geometry. in primary reference entry select face.
And select coincident in mate reference type. and select anti-alined in mate reference alinement
In second reference geometry select axis.
And select coincident in mate reference type. and select any in mate reference alinement
5. Do same in other side. and save the document in a proper known place.
6. Open new assembly..
In design library add file location.
7. Specify the path you saved the document.
8. Now select the saved part and drag and drop into graphic area anywhere.
9. This will look like this.
10. When you drag another pert, when you move-over the part on the first one the reference relation
will come and your part will pleased automatically
As shown in this fig.
11. Now add another part as same method of second one.
12. Add 15 parts. with same method.
13. First show view planes from the hide show items. then show the top plate of any of the inserted parts.
14. Using multiple mate mode, select parallel relation and select only those top planes that are selected in image.
15. Do same, make another parallel relation for these top planes.
16. Now make parallel top planes of top most and bottom most parts only.
17. Now make right planes coincident of top most and bottom most parts only.
18. Now you are able to move spring in any position.(compressed) using move component commend.
19. Also expended position.
and model is completed.