Trick out the 2014 Outdoor Toy of the Year -The Razor Crazy Cart.
Solid Edge® by Siemens PLM Software is sponsoring the first-ever Crazy Cart design challenge with Luxion, makers of KeyShot®, and joint customer Razor USA. We want to see your passion for design! Use your knowledge, skill, and creativity to create the coolest and most awesome Crazy Cart ever.
Trick out the Razor Crazy Cart, edit the original CAD model and create cool renderings and animations using Solid Edge and KeyShot. Solid Edge ST7 Classic and Premium versions integrate KeyShot rendering capabilities, so you can create amazing photorealistic images of your design concurrently with your modeling operations. The combined solution provides the fastest, easiest way to create beautiful product images and processes.
2. Download a 45-day trial version of Solid Edge at siemens.com/plm/try-solid-edge or call 800-807-2200. The trial includes access to interactive tutorials, video tips and a user forum to help you harness the power of Solid Edge.
3. Review a handy blog article from Matt Lombard on how to use KeyShot within Solid Edge.
5. Visit the Razor Crazy Cart Facebook page for some mod ideas!
Describe the research, inspiration and work that went into your design in the project description! Feel free to show some process and before and after shots. It's always interesting to see!
Winning designs will demonstrate:
- Design thinking
Your entry must include:
- Solid Edge version
- STEP or IGS version
- Rendering using the KeyShot function inside Solid Edge or KeyShot
- Animation using the KeyShot function inside Solid Edge or KeyShot
You're encouraged to include:
- The official logos and decals provided to you
- Description of the research, inspiration and work that went into your design
- Additional screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotVR's
- Process shots in Solid Edge
- Before and after shots of your model modifications
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
The Challenge is open to everyone except employees and families of GrabCAD and the Sponsor. Multiple entries are welcome. Team entries are welcome.
By entering the Challenge you:
1. Accept the official GrabCAD Challenges Terms & Conditions.
2. Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
3. Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
4. Warrant that the submission is your original work.
5. Warrant, to the best of your knowledge, your work is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
6. Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
7. Warrant participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
8. Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
9. Agree the Sponsor and GrabCAD have the right to promote all entries.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email email@example.com
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible.
We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries.
Entries are automatically given the tag "crazycart" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
We will release the finalists before the announcement of the winners to give the Community an opportunity to share their favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on November 23, 2014 (23:59pm UTC).
Winners will be announced by December 22, 2014.
Void where prohibited.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 + Subscription of Solid Edge Premium + KeyShot Pro and Animation + Razor Crazy Cart
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 256 GB Intel i7 ($1549) + 3 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($1050) + KeyShot Pro ($1995) + Razor Crazy Cart ($399)
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 128 GB Intel i5 ($999) + 2 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($700) + KeyShot ($995) + Razor Crazy Cart ($399)
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 64 GB ($799) + 1 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($350) + KeyShot ($995) + Razor Crazy Cart ($399)
1 Month Subscription of Solid Edge Premium ($350) + Solid Edge Messenger bag + KeyShot t-shirt
Solid Edge messenger bag + KeyShot t-shirt
Siemens PLM Software, a business unit of the Siemens Industry Automation Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit siemens.com/plm.
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot is the first realtime ray tracing application that uses a physically correct render engine based on scientific research in the areas of scientifically accurate material representation and global illumination. Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data. Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Chrysler, Fossil, Microsoft, Tesla, Procter & Gamble, IDEO and SMART Design. For more information visit keyshot.com and KeyShot profile on GrabCAD.
Razor embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. It defies boundaries and sometimes even gravity. The company was founded in 2000 with the introduction of its now legendary kick scooter, which quickly became an essential ride for anyone on the go. Today, Razor products are available worldwide, with a full range of wheeled goods to inspire and excite riders everywhere. Cool products and great value have distinguished Razor as a trusted global brand and industry leader. Based in California, USA, the company sponsors Team Razor, a group of pro scooter athletes. Razor has helped usher in the action sport of freestyle scooter riding, which has evolved from local skate parks to global competitions and tours. For more information, please visit