2nd tutorial on how to model a wide-chord fan for a turbofan engine in CATIA
Steps 1 thru 15.
1. Create the circle on the yz-plane. Exit sketcher. Be sure to name your sketches, otherwise it's difficult to keep track of everything.
2. Enter sketcher on the yz-plane and create the spline shown. Exit sketcher.
3. Create the following spline on the yz-plane. Exit sketcher.
4. Create the following spline on the zx-plane. Exit sketcher.
5. Create the following spline on the zx-plane. Exit sketcher.
6. Extrude the first spline.
7. Extrude the 2nd spline.
8. and the 3rd...
9. and the 4th... You should end up with a kind-of box.
10. Create an intersection curve as shown.
11. Create another intersection curve.
12. Create the plane as shown.
13. Create 2 intersection points. Click the button shown to add the 2 curves.
14. Enter sketcher on the plane you just made and make the following shape. The two endpoints should be coincident with the two intersection points you just made.
15. Make another plane as shown.