Congratulations, you guys have done it yet again. It's amazing to think that only a year ago we were approaching our 3 millionth member. Now, because of you guys, it's time to celebrate 4 million members!
Who better to design a trophy to celebrate this huge milestone than you? Your fellow members produce and share astonishing work every day. It's your chance to say thank you and nominate your favorite GrabCADrs for recognition. Include them in your entry and in the comments on this page.
1st place: Maketbot Replicator+, 3D printed model of the winning trophy design and an exclusive GrabCAD t-shirt.
2nd place: 3D printed model of the winning trophy design and an exclusive GrabCAD t-shirt.
3rd place: 3D printed model of the winning trophy design and an exclusive GrabCAD t-shirt.
Winning designs will:
- Celebrate a year's worth of great contributions in the GrabCAD Community
- Be 3D-printable without any additional fixtures
- Be something an engineer would love to display on their desk
Your entry must include:
- STL or other 3D printable CAD file format
- Description of your design thinking
You're encouraged to include:
- More renderings!
- Native CAD version
- CAD file formats with color information
Printer Dimensions 490 x 390 x 200 mm (19.3 x 15.35 x 7.9 in.)
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
The Challenge is open to everyone except employees and families of GrabCAD and the Sponsor. Multiple entries are welcome. Team entries are welcome.
By entering the Challenge you:
1. Accept the official GrabCAD Challenges Terms & Conditions.
2. Agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges (Jury).
3. Warrant that you are eligible to participate.
4. Warrant that the submission is your original work.
5. Warrant, to the best of your knowledge, your work is not, and has not been in production or otherwise previously published or exhibited.
6. Warrant neither the work nor its use infringes the intellectual property rights (whether a patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property right) of any other person.
7. Warrant participation shall not constitute employment, assignment or offer of employment or assignment.
8. Are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for any costs.
9. Agree the Sponsor and GrabCAD have the right to promote all entries.
If you think an entry may infringe on existing copyrighted materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through the "Submit entry" button on this Challenge page will be considered an entry. Only public entries are eligible.
We encourage teams to use GrabCAD Workbench for developing their entries.
Entries are automatically given the tag "fourmilliontrophychallenge" when uploading to GrabCAD. Please do not edit or delete this tag. Only entries with valid tag will participate in the Challenge.
AWARDING THE WINNERS
The sum of the Awards is the total gross amount of the reward. The awarded participant is solely liable for the payment of all taxes, duties and other similar measures if imposed on the reward pursuant to the legislation of the country of his/her residence, domicile, citizenship, workplace, or any other criterion of similar nature. Only 1 award per person. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
All winners will be contacted by the GrabCAD staff to get their contact information and any other information needed to get the prize to them. Payment of cash awards is made through PayPal. All team awards will be transferred to the member who entered the Challenge.
We will release the finalists before the announcement of the winners to give the Community an opportunity to share their favorites in the comments, discuss concerns, and allow time for any testing or analysis by the Jury. The Jury will take the feedback into consideration when picking the winners.
Winning designs will be chosen based on the Rules and Requirements.
This Challenge ends on October 27th, 2017 (23:59pm UTC).
Finalists will be announced ( )
GrabCAD is the community where engineers and designers from around the world come together to share, learn, and interact in the pursuit of developing innovative products.